New to the forum

Porbeagle

Cadet
Hi all! am new to iboats and had no idea that there are a large group of Starcraft rebuilders active.
I am nearly finished rebuilding a 1960 Jet 15ft. Should splash next saturday.I am just now finding
multiple threads on restoration which I could have used earlier this summer.
I picked up the Jet for $300 from a local marina,and sold the trailer for $200.
Then I found a glasser/trailer with a sweet 35 evinrude.Paid $42 to dump the boat after stripping her
and have a nice package for little money.
Now... The reason I'm posting is to say that along my travels in restoring the Jet,I met a guy who has a
18ft. Holiday and will take $600 for it. No trailer and you have to pick it up,but a nice boat. He pulled the motor and outdrive and it needs a transom and a deck.Looks to me like a standard restore.I looked at it,and see only one damaged spot.A 6" bang on the starboard rubrail/gunnel.Not bad really.
I met this guy friday,and convinced him not to scrap the boat for the price of the aluminum.
I don't want the boat because I'm looking at a 16ft. Jupiter just now (also my wife will cut my throat if she finds out that I plan on buying the Jupiter).
Nice to post and establish contact with the Starcraft crew.
John

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New to the forum

Thanks for posting the find, Dawg. If anyone wants the contact info, it should be by PM. Don't want to openly post his number.

Welcome to the home of the TinHeads. You should start a thread on the Jet. We like to see what everyone does to these so we can steal your ideas. :) And some pics of the Jupiter if you can, pre-bloodletting of course.