New here, and Best Place to Buy Parts

rlrobinhood

Cadet
Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker. You guys/gals are awesome. I've used you as a resource over the last couple years to evaluate used boats that I was thinking about buying by searching the threads. AWESOME is about all I can say.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger on a 1988 Blu Fin 19' fish/ski boat with a 85 Force (1988). I test drove the boat and it ran well, and the price was right. But, I took it out on my first real boating trip (never had a boat before) and the engine overheated. Ah man, I thought. But I think I caught it early enough (buzzer wasn't working), but I was watching.

When I took the boat out, it just spit a little out of the two holes. After running it for about five minutes, no water was coming out of them. The engine felt hot, so I shut it down and was towed back in. Once on shore, fixed the buzzer....

So, I think what I need to do is replace the impeller with a full kit and replace the thermostat. Where's the best place to buy these kinds of parts? I couldn't find them on this website.

Thanks all and have a great week.