Merc 470 Wiring

saltydogjeff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Got some photos that sort of show the excellent wiring that has been done in this boat. I had a question on the 50 amp plug, what does the light blue wire connect? The next is on what looks like just a terminal. I found a random red wire with a cap on it.... anybody? I haven't had the time to trace that. But.... if anybody can, is there a wiring diagram for this terminal area? Third one, is a pull only switch. I had some wires running behind it that weren't part of the switch, but can anybody post a diagram that includes the pull only switch?

It would be nice to have diagrams of all three. Thank you.

50 amp breaker plug.jpgBy Starter.jpgPull switch.jpg

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Merc 470 Wiring

I have wiring diagrams, but the 470 series engines ran over quite a few years, and had a few wiring changes. Post your engine serial number, and a photo of your instrument panel, and I'll supply the right ones....

Chris......

Last edited:

saltydogjeff

Petty Officer 2nd Class

S/N: 6364018
photo.jpg
That's the only photo I got of the instrument panel, but I can let you know if it has something or not.

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

Untitled4_zpsf961144e.jpg

Last edited:

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

terminal strip is am add on, no wiring spec for it.pull switch was an add on.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

That photo's fine. I think the gauge far right is an ammeter, yes?

Judging by the instrument panel and the previous wiring photos, I'd venture to say that boat wiring has been butchered!

Here's hoping you can get it back to the way it was intended...

I've chopped anything that's not relevant to your engine out and just left 470 and instrument panel info in. I have left ALL the different 470 models, and instrument panels, just because we have no idea how much is standard... It's too big to upload here (iBoats), so I have loaded it here -> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6Fkgjcx_cpaQVYzOFdBUzF0cms/edit?usp=sharing

HTH,

Chris.....

Last edited: