Trim Motor for GL-G

bostongrun

Cadet
I have a 2008 Glasstron GT 185 with 4.3 Volvo GL - G, SXA 1.79. My trim quit working. I have checked everything switches, realys, jacks, fuses etc. I get power right to the motor and have bench tested the motor; it doesnt run. I have been told that I cant buy the pump itself only as a unit that includes a valve body and hydraulic lines? I also understand that there was an upgrade from the earlier version to a later version because of leakage. The unit appears to be very servicable; the motor screws right on to the valve body but I dont know where I can get a motor? Sierra lists one 18-6758 for $199 but I cant tell it will work based on the picture.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so; what did you do? Where I can I get the right motor?

Thank YOU

boatguya1

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Trim Motor for GL-G

I have a 2008 Glasstron GT 185 with 4.3 Volvo GL - G, SXA 1.79. My trim quit working. I have checked everything switches, realys, jacks, fuses etc. I get power right to the motor and have bench tested the motor; it doesnt run. I have been told that I cant buy the pump itself only as a unit that includes a valve body and hydraulic lines? I also understand that there was an upgrade from the earlier version to a later version because of leakage. The unit appears to be very servicable; the motor screws right on to the valve body but I dont know where I can get a motor? Sierra lists one 18-6758 for $199 but I cant tell it will work based on the picture.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so; what did you do? Where I can I get the right motor?

Thank YOU

Take the motor only to your local automotive electrical rebuilder (starter/alt rebuilder) and see if they can rebuild it.