fuel tank lines and poor running 1989 evunrude 110

knowalibis

Cadet
OK..so I disconnected the VRO and related wires to bypass alarm. Engine ran well on external tanks with premix so I decided to shutter external tanks and connect internal tank. There are 2 lines coming out of tank to a T connector. The lines attach on the sides of the T and exit out the bottom of the T to a Moeller water separator to the arrow in port. The line to the engine and the bulb are connected to the port with the arrow out. The bulb will not pump fuel. I filled the water separator with premix to prime the engine and create a flow but it didn't happen. SO... I disconnected the T and attached the fuel line with the bulb directly to the tank thus bypassing the Moeller water separator and was able to get fuel to the engine. It idled great.. ran great for a while but then I believe ran dry of fuel as the engine stopped. We squeezed the bulb and it restarted but experienced the same issue again when attempting to run at a higher throttle level. Help please with both issues...what are the 2 lines coming out of the tank for that go to the T ?..Can I block one and attach the Moeller water separator via fuel line directly to the tank and the other end to the fuel line with the bulb ?..and then...WHY does it die when trying to run at higher throttle?..I would post a pic of the line rigging however I don't know how to post a pic.