2012 Yamaha F115

Tmieser

Recruit
My f115la motor will not start on gas. I can squirt a shot of ether and it will start and run on fuel. I have 45 psi at the top of fuel rail. Any help?

greebo208

Recruit
Re: 2012 Yamaha F115

I am not an expert with these engines but it could be a problem related to crankshaft position input to ecu.
On such a new engine it seems unlikely that the pick up rotor would have been disturbed and the sensor is probably under the flywheel/coil assembly, so I suppose you would have to test electrical connections as a first option?
I will be interested to here what the Yamaha experts suggest....

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Kill switch would have an alarm with key on and would never start.

45 psi engine key on engine off? Pressure should drop to 37 or so at idle.

Can you hear the fuel pump run with key on engine off? Pump should run for 5 seconds or so.
I would do a pressure test key on engine off then verify running pressure with the engine running.

How does it behave when you pump the primer bulb up hard before starting?

Capt Ken

Commander

Being its a 2012 model, it should still be under the 3 year warranty. Take it to a dealer and don't do anything that will void the warranty.

Pas Bon

Petty Officer 2nd Class

FWIW

My 2002 F115 does NOT have an alarm with the kill switch.

YES take it in under warranty

Tmieser

Recruit

Kill switch would have an alarm with key on and would never start.

45 psi engine key on engine off? Pressure should drop to 37 or so at idle.

Can you hear the fuel pump run with key on engine off? Pump should run for 5 seconds or so.
I would do a pressure test key on engine off then verify running pressure with the engine running.

How does it behave when you pump the primer bulb up hard before starting?

Yes 45psi with just turning key on, yes I can hear the elec pump run for a few seconds, have not checked pressure when it's running. Have put new bulb on and it pumps up tight. I have taken it in to a Yamaha service mechanic and will see what they find and post it.