honda LOP switch

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Had two women on a pontoon pull into my boat house with engine issues. Best I can do to identify the motor is that it is an older HONDA. Perhaps a 50 with 3 cylinders. Her low oil press light was on, on her high idle lever. No alarm but the controls are very old and worn. Motor was not rattling so I took a wild guess and thought it might be the LOP switch. Did not know what I was looking for, found 2 switches on the left of the block forward of the oil filter. One switch was like a ceramic disk with a stud that took a ring terminal. The other was slightly forward of it, smaller with a push on terminal. I disconnected both wires and the light remained on. Did I get the right switches? I assume the switches provide a ground to turn on the LOP light as well as the high temp light.
They did continue on their short fishing trip and just returned. I do not want to get too involved but do know her as she tends bar at the local legion. I want to recommend she get a new LOP switch but am reluctant as I do not know if I got the right switch. I figure the light should have went out with the wires disconnected. Any ideas would be appreciated. Might add that the motor has carburetors. regards FRED