broken ? tube

captbuck

Cadet
IMG_8911.jpg

In the photo attachment you can better see what I'm talking about than I can explain it. First I need to explain that I am not a mechanic so please bear with me. I was a boat captain for many years but not a mechanic. I discovered this tube broken as I was attaching the tow rope to my pontoon. I have searched and searched to find where the other end of that tube goes. I can't find the other end of the tube or the fitting it attaches to. Can someone please help? If you need more info please feel free to contact me.
Than you,
Buck

I should have explained that this is 2000 90 HP Mercury Tracker motor.

Last edited:

wired247

Lieutenant Commander
Re: broken ? tube

A little wider frame picture would help. Looks like my ex wifes gyno exam pics.

That looks like its the tube that goes to your speedometer pickup at the front of the lower unit. I'm sure someone uses those things. Ive just never met one of them. Most people use a pitot tube attached to the hull.

captbuck

Cadet
Re: broken ? tube

IMG_8916.jpg

Maybe the last pic will help. It was taken with the motor tilted almost all the way up. I hope you can see where the tube (it's about a 1/4 in OD and very thin wall tube) connects to the fitting screwed in just above the cavitation plate on the front of the motor. I can't find the other end of the tube or another fitting that it connects to.
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_8913.jpg
    IMG_8913.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited: