Turing on the water in my cruiser

Omahafrank

Recruit
Okay, new to having a cruiser and just trying to learn all the bells and whistles. I just purchased a 1993 Crownline 250CR and not sure how the water works in the cabin. I've place water in the holding tank on the side of boat. When I turn on the faucet just a few drops come out. Is there a main lever somewhere that I'm missing? The boat was sitting for about two years so was wondering if there was a pump that maybe bad somewhere as well.

Thanks for any advice for the this new skipper!!!

Stick around because I'm sure more crazy questions are on the way. :)

bekosh

Lieutenant
Re: Turing on the water in my cruiser

There should be a switch on your power panel to turn on the water pump. That needs to be on to provide water pressure.

agallant80

Commander

I don't have a water pump switch on the main panel. Mine is on the side of the sink so you may need to look around.

MolsonCanadian

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Look for a switch/breaker for "Water pump" "fresh water" "Pressure Pump" "Press pump". It could be on the dash too. Sometimes its just a symbol (three squigly lines I believe)

floatfan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Just a guess, but from Google, I'm led to believe that your boat's fresh water pump switch would be located here

IMG_0375.JPG

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I don't have a water pump switch on the main panel. Mine is on the side of the sink so you may need to look around.

My Chris*Craft had the switch near the sink. My Four Winns has it on the cabin breaker panel.

Floatfan's picture is where it is exactly, It's like the third one down on the left. Also the top switch marked 12V main has to be on (red light will illuminate). The pump is loud when it comes on, can't miss it.

gbell28

Recruit

gbell28, please start you own thread for better responses and also hijacking is against forum rules....

Thanks, WIMUSKY

Last edited by a moderator: