zoom by zodiac setup from start to finish full video

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: zoom by zodiac setup from start to finish full video

Zoom 350 setup with mattress pump - YouTube

much quicker setup this time over the last two times

Very nicely done and you will easily be shaving time off of that! Your rails are different than mine (the pieces you added on last. Mine are one long piece for each side so all the floorboards must be very well aligned to get them on. A roayal pain int the .... Anyway, glad you got er done and from the appearance I think you may actually be good to keep those boards because they seem a little easier. Hope you got out. Will check in with you later to see. Whish I wasn't in this office!!!! Next week baby!!!
:blue:

Last edited:
G

Very nicely done and you will easily be shaving time off of that! Your rails are different than mine (the pieces you added on last. Mine are one long piece for each side so all the floorboards must be very well aligned to get them on. A roayal pain int the .... Anyway, glad you got er done and from the appearance I think you may actually be good to keep those boards because they seem a little easier. Hope you got out. Will check in with you later to see. Whish I wasn't in this office!!!! Next week baby!!!
:blue:

I removed and reinstalled the shift lever now it going into fwd gear a lot firmer. as soon as I am done with my breakfast I will go work on the lower unit, I had A guy tell me my prop ridges were stripped which might have caused slippage hopefully that's the issue

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good job. You should be able to stand on the pump with your full weight to put pressure in the boat without worrying about over inflating.

Try putting an oar or straight board under the edge of the boat while putting stringers in place. That elevates the side and makes it easier to install them.

You can put a foot on the floorboard and pull up on a seat attachment point to help the fabric set in the proper place over the stringers also.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Weimed,

Assembling process is quite good, some issues :

1-Are 4 stringers same exact size, or are 2 short, 2 long, if so, you need to install them at X locking position : short-long, long short when facing each other, if not installed that way will achieve hinge effect on floorboard. Will end breaking wooden panel alum rail, at the point wher both side stringers meets if happens to be installed facing each other.

A pity for the 350 not having a two piece long side joiners instead of 4. Did well buying the 350 over the 310, those are extreme long transom end tubes that inevitably rests some invaluable deck space, much worst on the 310 model.

2-Pull cap and string away from side joiners while assembling, don't want them under stringers while sib has been totally inflated.

3-Both side joiners ends must touch each other to form a long side joiner, on video right side seems to be separate compared to other side.

4-Cracked floor could be product of placing beach chair there ?

5-If that Zoom 350 has Halkey Roberts air valves a hand pump with hauge would be much better for top air inflation, you can always put more weight on handle than doing same with pump, besides constant foot inflation will give knee issues. Most people have inflating issues at less than 3.0 psi with foot pumps.

Happy Boating

Last edited:
G

Weimed,

Assembling process is quite good, some issues :

1-Are 4 stringers same exact size, or are 2 short, 2 long, if so, you need to install them at X locking position : short-long, long short when facing each other, if not installed that way will achieve hinge effect on floorboard. Will end breaking wooden panel alum rail, at the point other side.

4-Cracked floor could be product of placing beach chair there ?

5-If that Zoom 350 has Halkey Roberts air valves a hand pump with hauge would be much better for top air inflation, you can always put more weight on handle than doing same with pump, besides constant foot inflation will give knee issues. Most people have inflating issues at less than 3.0 psi with foot pumps.

Happy Boating

the stringers are the same size. thanks for the help! so far te biggest launch failure is old POS Force (bought it before doing reseach of a good ob I figured 450 was worth it, So far I am $270 in without a proper launch

stilesp

Seaman Apprentice

You know this video might make me rethink the hard floors since that didn't look to hard. People almost always triple estimate the time it takes to do something but with a video you have that little clock ticking.

G

You know this video might make me rethink the hard floors since that didn't look to hard. People almost always triple estimate the time it takes to do something but with a video you have that little clock ticking.

this is my 3rd time doing it so it was easier, I still prefer air floor because you don't need a chair you can sit right on that. If the wood floor is not put in correctly you can damage your boat. I scrapped a little bit of material from my boat.

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think it also depends on the floor design. That has 4 short(er) connecting rails so only 2 adjacent floorboards need to be in alignment at any one time (the 2 you are working on). Some like mine require all 4 boards be within a mm or 2 tops of being in the exact same plane or they will NOT go into the rail... period. That is why everyone says make sure the floor is flat, lol. It almost makes me want to cut mine in half and revisit the hards floors... almost, lol. I'm glad for Weimed though. That did not look to difficult at all.

stilesp

Seaman Apprentice

Weimed are you sure you have your floorboards right side up? Reading my instructions it says to have the aluminum with the ridges facing up which I also read as the black stringer stoppers facing up. I have mine setup in the garage with the opposite side facing up than what you setup. Instructions aren't super clear.

stilesp

Seaman Apprentice

Looking at it very closely again I think you have your floor upside down according to the instructions that came with my boat.

G

Looking at it very closely again I think you have your floor upside down according to the instructions that came with my boat.

floors were fine i was not setting up the connectors properly. as people mentioned before (practice practice practice). When season starts i will make a new video. I got it down now.

stilesp

Seaman Apprentice

I'm gonna try to get a pic of my manual and post it up later. It's definately telling me to put my floors in the opposite side up of the way you did it in the video.

G

I'm gonna try to get a pic of my manual and post it up later. It's definately telling me to put my floors in the opposite side up of the way you did it in the video.

Maybe your right I will try flipping the floor. I was watching the typhoon video and he put the nonskid surface to the top. I was under the impression it going to the bottom and flat surface goes to the top. Just need to wait for the weather to play ball

Last edited: