Bunk Carpet

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer
OK.....If you live an hour from the lake and you need to carpet your bunks because there is huge chunks missing, how would someone smarter than I handle that? I cant see a total of 4 hours driving to accomplish this with the back and forth to the lake thing. Do dealers do this and is it an outrageous cost to have it done? It is a 20 foot Bentley pontoon. How would the ingenious and creative tackle this???? Hmmmm..............:rolleyes:

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: Bunk Carpet

There have been a multitude of post that detail the methods to lift the boat off the bunks or to completely remove the boat from the trailer.
Both can be done in the driveway at your convenience.

Look in the section "Similar Threads" near the bottom of this page.

mpdive

Chief Petty Officer

There have been a multitude of post that detail the methods to lift the boat off the bunks or to completely remove the boat from the trailer.
Both can be done in the driveway at your convenience.

Look in the section "Similar Threads" near the bottom of this page.

Thank you Uncle Willie. (Cleveland OH my old stommpin grounds):joyous:

gdeangel

Seaman

I just pulled all my carpet - four bunks - yesterday. Tied up close to the launch, went back with a utility knife and a Rigid Job Max with the bimetal blade for the staples. Took about an hour to get the carpet off and the staples cut off. I'd figure another couple hours to get the carpet stapled down if you precut at home. Easily done in one trip if you aren't trying to cure glue or anything like that. Or some people just leave bare wood bunks. Just make sure you are prepared in case your through bolts aren't countersunk fully.

Your other option is find a nearby neighbor with an irrigation pond who will let you moor there for a few days while you do the work.

I considered raising the boat off the bunks, as my hull needs to be painted anyway, but the thought of getting the thing BACK DOWN on the trailer straight was what put me off (when the marina cleaned the hull last year on the lift, they couldn't even get it back on the trailer straight.)