Holy Rotted Stringers Batman

trav1921

Recruit
I got a 1971 arrow glass, brought it home was in the process of pulling out the old outdated carpet and went to step in the back of the boat and boom foot goes right through deck. Upon further inspection the glass on the deck delaminated so i pulled it back to reveal an absolute mess. Its no wonder the boat was free. Lucky for me I love projects and am pretty handy but when it comes to boats I have about as much experience as building a space craft. I am planning on trying to get the decking out tomorrow but what to do from there is why Im here. Foam looks to be water logged, stringers still feel solid underneath the glass. Any suggestions or is this a project better left to professionals?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: Holy Rotted Stringers Batman

Hi and welcome to the Iboats Dry Dock, trav1921...
Keep on with your demo, you are in the best place to get all the info you'll need to put it back together better than new...
You have already met with the two most important criteria; Pictures and a willingness to restore...
It will get a little harder along the way, although not as hard as building a space craft, then as you gain knowledge and experience working with the materials, it will become easier...sort of...;)
Have fun!
GT1M

mbhoag

Petty Officer 2nd Class

And spend some time reading through all the restoration threads... great info there on your project... I will be diving into a similar project shortly myself... good luck!

SnapperMassacre

Seaman Apprentice

Go for it! Its the best part of boating...knowing that its done right and ready for the water.