1989 2.3 L bayliner omc water elbow

Speak

Chief Petty Officer
Hey guys the water elbow in between thermostat housing and head is cracks beyond repair. I tried to have it welded but it cracked again. It's warped. I can't find a good used one locally or the Internet. Any suggestions or is this game over for this old girl? Thoughts ? the omc part number is 913615.
Cheers
Stu

Speak

Chief Petty Officer
Re: 1989 2.3 L bayliner omc water elbow

Thanks mrs. I looked online. How did you find that. Guess I have to pay the price for running this brutal setup. I'm starting to get frustrated with not being able to find parts and always worring about stuff breaking and being pooched. Thanks again mrs.
Stu

Bulbash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Try ebay, there is a few of them

Speak

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks. But that's the t stat housing. I Nead the elbow before that. I think I will make one out if steel using the old one as a template. Weld on a neck and call it a day. Don't really want to pay 100 bucks for a used one. That just chaps my ***!

Bulbash

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks. But that's the t stat housing. I Nead the elbow before that. I think I will make one out if steel using the old one as a template. Weld on a neck and call it a day. Don't really want to pay 100 bucks for a used one. That just chaps my ***

Not sure of what are you talking about. Take a picture of the part you talking about. Also PM me I might be able to help you...

Speak

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks bulbash I took a pic on my iPhone but having trouble posting it. Will try later on the laptop. If you are familiar with this motor then it's the housing on the cylinder head that in the automotive application that would normally hold the t stat. First reply to this thread has a pic of housing (elbow)

Cheers Stu

Speak

Chief Petty Officer

Ya this is the one I need.

Stu

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

bruceb, this one in the link is what he is looking for.
OK...I was cornfused on what link he was referring to!

Last edited: