Small leak in Celebrity

bracer

Recruit
Boat specs: 1994 Celebrity status 200
Mercruiser 5.0L V8
carberated
Alpha 1 out-drive
520 hrs

Just bought the boat beginning of spring, got a test drive it first, no problems. Had it out in the river multiple times this year. No problems. This last trip out, the automatic bilge pump kicks in. Hooked it up to muffs today, and there is a leak in the hose coming in from the out-drive. looked like it was loose on the coupler, so we re-tightened it, and same leak. Anybody have suggestions?

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Re: Small leak in Celebrity

Pull the hose and replace it, it may have a rip or be deteriorated where it couples.

Bondo

Staff member

Boat specs: 1994 Celebrity status 200
Mercruiser 5.0L V8
carberated
Alpha 1 out-drive
520 hrs

Just bought the boat beginning of spring, got a test drive it first, no problems. Had it out in the river multiple times this year. No problems. This last trip out, the automatic bilge pump kicks in. Hooked it up to muffs today, and there is a leak in the hose coming in from the out-drive. looked like it was loose on the coupler, so we re-tightened it, and same leak. Anybody have suggestions?

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... Take it apart, 'n see Why it's leakin',....

bracer

Recruit

It is in fact, not the water inlet, but coming back down off of the driveshaft. When ever we turn now, there is a faint clicking noise, and same when we trim all the way down and past 3/4 up. This leads me to believe that the gimbal bearing has worn out. The engine has 525 hrs on it, and it has not been replaced to my knowledge.

Bondo

Staff member

It is in fact, not the water inlet, but coming back down off of the driveshaft. When ever we turn now, there is a faint clicking noise, and same when we trim all the way down and past 3/4 up. This leads me to believe that the gimbal bearing has worn out. The engine has 525 hrs on it, and it has not been replaced to my knowledge.

Ayuh,.... It also sounds like there's Holes in the Bellows too,...

probably oughta change out the shift cable while yer in there,...

bracer

Recruit

This quickly went above what i was comfortable with. Ended up pulling it down to the local shop to get it fixed.