change plugs?

nahoo7

Seaman Apprentice
1960 evinrude big twin 40 going to do a water test tomorrow.I read a few posts stating to use j6c plugs read on the cowling flap today recommended plugs were j4jm just wondering wether I should change to j4c plugs or wait till I need to change plugs later on cheers.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Re: change plugs?

wait.if you plan on doing a lot of low speed running or trolling you might want to go to the j6c,s later.just a piece of advise.do not look up spark plug specs on the so called champion site on line .they are wildly out of wack on some of their plug reccomendations .

Last edited:

nahoo7

Seaman Apprentice

okay I wait till i need new plugs thanks 82rude.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

1960 evinrude big twin 40 going to do a water test tomorrow.I read a few posts stating to use j6c plugs read on the cowling flap today recommended plugs were j4jm just wondering wether I should change to j4c plugs or wait till I need to change plugs later on cheers.

Why don't you take them out and look at them. Are they badly worn, fouled, cracked, whatever? No need to replace serviceable plugs, but they do wear out, y'know.

nahoo7

Seaman Apprentice

the j6c are brand new only done 10 minutes work after fixing this motor up, new coils points leads etc.