unkown evinrude carb question

KnightWolf

Petty Officer 1st Class
Soooooo....... was pulling apart the motor tonight. Pulled one of the carbs checked it out and all looks good. I was gonna order a rebuild kit just because its been sitting for 10 plus yrs except me running it a few minutes when I bought it. But I can't find the Carb online it is not the original. Part number is 322021 for the Carb body. The float bowl is 317020. From what I found the float bowl comes from a v4 cross flow 100 HP from 1971. How the heck am I sposed to get gaskets if I don't know what it is.

It appears the motor is Frankenstein u can see the intake manifold is from a salt water motor. Sry I forgot to say the power head says it is a 150949c which should be a 150 HP evinrude 1979.

I am a little nervous to dig into the motor further for fear of not finding parts. Thanks ahead of time for any help anyone can offer.

Toddboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: unkown evinrude carb question

not sure I can offer much help considering its a Frankenstein motor, but have you considered making your own gaskets? Look into it, there are gasket makers out there. why do you say the manifold is from a saltwater motor? because it's white? I know with trolling motors the white ones are saltwater series, but I haven't seen that on the internal parts of a gas motor. Is that a Johnson/evinrude thing? I have a Yamaha myself, just looking to learn.

fromcarsToboats

Seaman Apprentice

sometimes i use google image to find stuff. look up the 1971 to see if the carbs are the same may be the part numbers might match. then get your carb kit using that info

willy007

Seaman

Check and see what the part numbers are for carbs from around that time... If they use the same kits than you're good to go, if not you may have to get creative. +1 to Toddboat, if nothing else you can make your own gaskets.