New here-introducing myself

jwolfe2323

Cadet
Hi all

I am new to these forums. I live in western Washington. I recently completed a marine maintenance technical program at Skagit Valley College. I came out of the school with certificates in composites and advanced composites from the college. American Boat and Yacht Council certifications in Marine Diesel, Marine Gas, Marine Electrical and Marines Systems. I also am a certified composites technician in vacuum infusion process from the American Composites Manufacturers Association.

While all those certs are nice I still have a lot to learn about working on actual boats. I am in the very early stages of the restoration of a 1960 PowerCat 18C. I am sure I will have lots of questions for the group as I progress with that project. I also have a Bayliner 185, nothing special but it gets me on the water.

I look forward to getting to know the group and talking boats.

southkogs

Staff member
Re: New here-introducing myself

Welcome aboard JWolfe: Congratulations on your recent accomplishments. You'll find plenty of good tips and help here on the boards, and likely with your recent training you'll be a fine contributor as well!

82rude

Rear Admiral

welcome and good luck in your marine future.

tpenfield

Staff member

Hi all

I am new to these forums. I live in western Washington. I recently completed a marine maintenance technical program at Skagit Valley College. I came out of the school with certificates in composites and advanced composites from the college. American Boat and Yacht Council certifications in Marine Diesel, Marine Gas, Marine Electrical and Marines Systems. I also am a certified composites technician in vacuum infusion process from the American Composites Manufacturers Association.

While all those certs are nice I still have a lot to learn about working on actual boats. I am in the very early stages of the restoration of a 1960 PowerCat 18C. I am sure I will have lots of questions for the group as I progress with that project. I also have a Bayliner 185, nothing special but it gets me on the water.

I look forward to getting to know the group and talking boats.

Welcome to iBoats . . .

Do you currently work in the marine industry, perhaps for a boat builder?

aspeck

Staff member

Welcome to iboats, where you will get lots of "experience" knowledge! Join in and make yourself at home!

Last edited:

jwolfe2323

Cadet

Welcome to iBoats . . .

Do you currently work in the marine industry, perhaps for a boat builder?

I do not currently work in the industry. I am taking some time off to spend time with my son. Resumes will be going out soon.