1993 Fast strike 175

cityjack

Seaman
Morning all,

Quick couple of questions please. Upon turning my key on and before actually starting the motor, I get a short beep sound. Is that normal? Also, when I start the motor and it is cold, I will push the key in to prime/choke and it will start up after only a few seconds but will noty go to fast idle like the manual says it should. I have to keep priming and starting and then after say 5 or so times of doing this I can get it into gear and then move on. Once the engine is warmed up, it idles fine. Should the engine go to a fast idle and then after warm-up go to a slow idle? Should I just keep pulsing the key in or hold it in when it wants to stall? I just got the boat/motor and so I am still learning. I have the OEM owners and service manual both. I plan on pulling the fuel filter because I do not know what the previous owner did for service. I have gone through all of the lube points and replaced. Now on to this idle issue. I just do not know if that beep upon key on is normal and if MY motor is suppose to go to a fast idle or not and if I need to do something in orxder to help it get there to warm-up at the dock before heading out.

Thanks all

Sid

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1993 Fast strike 175

The mtr may not be going into Quick Start as it should due to an ignition problem.