Difficulty of changing from old to new shift interrupt switch/frame?

livendive

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1997 Silverton with twin 5.7LX engines and Alpha One Gen 2 drives. I roasted one of the engines last year and am in the final stages of installing a rebuilt replacement. During disassembly, I broke one of the wires off the old McGill style shift interrupt switch (it looked like the wire would pull straight off, but obviously didn't). It looks like I can't buy a replacement switch of that sort, but rather have to buy a new type that fits in an entirely different bracket/frame. My question is how difficult is the change? Is it simple plug and play or should I expect to now be playing with throttle/shift cables too?

ShiftInterrupt-Broken.jpg

Thanks,
Dave

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Difficulty of changing from old to new shift interrupt switch/frame?

Have one of those, pm me

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Difficulty of changing from old to new shift interrupt switch/frame?

I have a 1997 Silverton with twin 5.7LX engines and Alpha One Gen 2 drives. I roasted one of the engines last year and am in the final stages of installing a rebuilt replacement. During disassembly, I broke one of the wires off the old McGill style shift interrupt switch (it looked like the wire would pull straight off, but obviously didn't). It looks like I can't buy a replacement switch of that sort, but rather have to buy a new type that fits in an entirely different bracket/frame. My question is how difficult is the change? Is it simple plug and play or should I expect to now be playing with throttle/shift cables too?

View attachment 204798

Thanks,
Dave

Ayuh,... It's a well engineered up-date,... Should be No problem,...