What are the newest design for Tower of Power needles/seats/floats?

kungpaoshizi

Petty Officer 1st Class
Gonna rebuild the carbs, but from what I gather so far, the floats have changed from foam to plastic? (I thought I saw some metal ones too?)

Are the plastic or metal the newest/most efficient design? Anything like that for the needles/seats?

I just want to be sure I'm not putting parts back in that will have issues after XX hours...

Thanks!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: What are the newest design for Tower of Power needles/seats/floats?

Kung, My '77 Merc 1500 came with foam floats, white plastic needles and brass seats with rubber centers. Replacements were hard plastic floats, Stainless steel needles with neopreme tips and plain brass seats. My carbs also use those small brass gaskets under the seats.

Not sure you have a choice when buying replacement parts, unles you buy new old stock. Merc likely changed them for a reason.

kungpaoshizi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Those were OEM replacements Chris? (what site did ya order from?)

I guess I just assumed there were multiple designs.. I've seen floats that are hollow plastic, filled plastic (thicker walls), and what looks like aluminum or stainless steel floats.. I guess I didn't think they're probably for different years though...

Thank you sir!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

The hard plastic floats, SS needles and brass seats were Merc replacements. I would bet Sierra and others made the same style. I never saw thicker plastic or metal floats.