We Launched! Happy Day!

Sandi_k

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So, we finally got the boat back from the repair shop, AND we got it into the water on Sunday after prepping it, waxing it, and fixing the boat lift bunks for our final berthing. :cool:

Out on the water by 12:30 or so, and lunch on the water. Break in went well, and DH is very happy with the boat's handling characteristics - except it is a pretty hard slam onto the hull when crossing cabin cruiser wakes. I had to beg him to slow down a bit after my water bottle got bounced right out of the cupholder on the third wake. :eek:

We used about 20 gallons of gas in 3.5 hours on the water; tried the bimini up; started figuring out good tie-off points for the fenders and bow/stern lines; worked on getting the trim just right.

I must say - while not as fun as a jetski, I think this is going to be an awesome addition to living on the water. The boat is spacious, well laid out, and has a quality FEEL to it.

Now, obligatory photos:

1) On the boat lift, after our voyage.

2) At the dock, after lunch.

3) From the deck, at the end of the day.

4) DH, at the helm.

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: We Launched! Happy Day!

Nice to see that you are (finally) on the water. Looks like you will enjoy your 'new' boat.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

Great news Sandi !! Thanks for the pictures. And yes, it's not a "big water" hull, and cruiser wakes do get felt. But no different from any other 20ft. runabout.

Last edited:

Malibu Rudder

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Very nice!!! Congratulations! Beautiful pictures of the boat and I am jealous of your location. Serene!