Maximum size of photos

clubample

Cadet
It is very time consuming to have to resize every photo from my iphone to post them up here...the maximum file size on here needs to be increased a little.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Re: Maximum size of photos

Try using photobucket or the like and you'll get something like this:
Ahh, memories of spring and things to come........... :faint2:

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It is very time consuming to have to resize every photo from my iphone to post them up here...the maximum file size on here needs to be increased a little.
Increased photos consume more space and take more time to load. When you export a photo from the iphone via email it gives you size choices. I have found medium works fine and the "typical" standby size for the internet is 640 x 480 if you need to show more detail then take a closer shot.

I normally load pic's from my computer or photobucket since they are both faster then the iphone connection (even on wifi)

Last edited:

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer

Honestly I don't mean to be offensive but you just don't understand. The average image and file size straight out of most modern phones are enormous. They are also pretty much worthless when viewed in native form on a computer monitor. Uploading a 4000KB image is an absurd waste of bandwidth.