1989 Cobalt 192 bow hand rail fix

mia9516

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've got a port side hand rail that has become disconnected from the bow. The hand rail is about four feet long and is attached to the bow at three locations by what I think are bolts. I have removed the port seat back and found about a four inch hole that was cut into the fiberglass to what I presume was to attach the hand rail. There is a lot of foam in there though so it's a really tight fit to get in there and I'm wondering if the hand rails were attached to the bow before the inner and outer hulls were attached. What would be my best course of action to get this hand rail re-attached to the bow. The center attachment point is coming loose too and I fear that by the end of the season the bolt will back out and fall in between the two hulls never to be found again. I will post pics if anyone believes that they can be of assistance. Thanks to all in advance. Cheers!

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1989 Cobalt 192 bow hand rail fix

I've got a port side hand rail that has become disconnected from the bow. The hand rail is about four feet long and is attached to the bow at three locations by what I think are bolts. I have removed the port seat back and found about a four inch hole that was cut into the fiberglass to what I presume was to attach the hand rail. There is a lot of foam in there though so it's a really tight fit to get in there and I'm wondering if the hand rails were attached to the bow before the inner and outer hulls were attached. What would be my best course of action to get this hand rail re-attached to the bow. The center attachment point is coming loose too and I fear that by the end of the season the bolt will back out and fall in between the two hulls never to be found again. I will post pics if anyone believes that they can be of assistance. Thanks to all in advance. Cheers!

Ayuh,.... Dig out enough foam to put the nuts back on the screws,...