Mercruiser 5.0 Mpi dies at idle

Bigvtwin

Recruit
I have a brand new 2013 Tahoe 215xi with a Mercruiser 5.0 Mpi with a Alpha Ect.
This engine has 5 hours on it. I had it at lake the other day and when it was idling a alarm went off and the engine shut off. The engine temp was at 160, I checked the oil fine, lube fine,power sheering fine, tilt trim fine. The first time I did not notice but the other times the engine light came on.
Boat started up and ran fine after each time and the temps were with in 10 degrees every time. Any ideas and thanks for replying .
Dan

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercruiser 5.0 Mpi dies at idle

I have a brand new 2013 Tahoe 215xi with a Mercruiser 5.0 Mpi with a Alpha Ect.
This engine has 5 hours on it. I had it at lake the other day and when it was idling a alarm went off and the engine shut off. The engine temp was at 160, I checked the oil fine, lube fine,power sheering fine, tilt trim fine. The first time I did not notice but the other times the engine light came on.
Boat started up and ran fine after each time and the temps were with in 10 degrees every time. Any ideas and thanks for replying .
Dan

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Brand New,..?? Call yer Dealer, it's under warranty,...

Bigvtwin

Recruit
Re: Mercruiser 5.0 Mpi dies at idle

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Brand New,..?? Call yer Dealer, it's under warranty,...

Thx, have actually been here several times but this is first post and yes I just signed up.
I know it has warranty but trying to get in back before it's time to winterize. Lol
Bought boat in Missouri so here they will back burn you for weeks.