Where can I buy this ski tube/pylon ?

calvinator

Petty Officer 1st Class
This undermount style ski tube/pylon would work for my pontoon. Does it look familiar and where can I buy one ? or is this a home built deal ?

THANKS

BLC

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Where can I buy this ski tube/pylon ?

Being a tube bender guy and having researched, designed and built a few side x side cages, I have some limited knowledge on the stresses that are applied to a tube frame with different forces. Skiing, wakeboarding and tubing can create some desent force on a tower or tow bar. The top of the frame is angled in some which will help out with side forces some but the small plate brackes off the back won't do much. I would think that with the forces that water sports could apply, that bar would fold up pretty easy. I am assuming that it gets bolted to the bottom of the cross members on each side of the motor pod. If so, installing braces from the top of the frame back to the deck at a wider stance than the width of the frame would go along ways to strengthen it up. Think of a tow bar on the older style ski boats. Triangulation is your freind. But then again I am not an expert at this and this is just my opinion. Having said all of this, I have also been searching the web for something to pull tubes and wakeboards with my pontoon and have never seen anything like this which leads me to think it is home made. I hope this helps in some way.

Last edited: