fuel leaks

jeep1115

Recruit
i have a "new" evinrude lightwin 4 hp, model 4906b, 1969. seems to run ok but fuel is spraying from the body fuel connector. I am using a new hose assy. the connector fit is sloppy at the engine side. do the old engines have a different size or taper inlet nipple?
jeep1115

Daviet

Fleet Admiral
Re: fuel leaks

Are you using an after market connector, they do not always fit the best.

jeep1115

Recruit

i have a "new" evinrude lightwin 4 hp, model 4906b, 1969. seems to run ok but fuel is spraying from the body fuel connector. I am using a new hose assy. the connector fit is sloppy at the engine side. do the old engines have a different size or taper inlet nipple?
jeep1115

yes, its a new Attwood tank/hose assy.

phillnjack2

Ensign

Ive seen loads of aftermarket fuel fittings not sealing on the engine side of fuel pipe, and on the tank side as well.
im sure youl find a genuine fitting will do the trick as i think the omc gang made everything that little tiny bit different to keep
us all buy genuine spares.
genuine fuel side of things aint a bad idea, the original stuff does last that little bit longer and is worth it in the end.

and dont for get
Fuel leaking is very dangerous, it can lead to massive wallet shrinkage due to todays high fuel prices, this can cause severe
depression and more beer drinking days.!!!!!!!
You can get so fed up with money just oozing from your wallet,that it makes you wanna just sit and cry.
oh yeah and very easy to catch fire as well.

phill

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Are you sure you got the correct hose assembly? There are different size look-alike connectors (Yamaha, for one).

jeep1115

Recruit

Are you sure you got the correct hose assembly? There are different size look-alike connectors (Yamaha, for one).

Thanks, I think you guys are right. I have read it in other forums also. I'll find some OMC parts.
v/r
jeep1115