Caught in a rain storm

Haerterich

Cadet
We got caught in a big storm this afternoon. It was pouring out. The boat got soaked by the time we back to the dock and got the cover on. Do I need to be worried about everything drying out with the cover on? I don't want anything to get mold on it, like on the carpet??? Should i take the cover off for a day to let it dry? At least it was a warm day. Was fun playing in the rain, like a little kid again...

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Caught in a rain storm

Yes it will mold. You will have to open up all of the compartments and take out what ever is stored in them to be air dried. The seats will also need a good amount of sun light to dry out. I have had to do this several times this year my self. Its not all that bad while parked out some place take stuff out and hang it up and around the boat and wipe put the compartments, most things will dry quick.

dls322

Petty Officer 1st Class

Happens to everyone, you will be fine

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I routinely hose mine down and put the cover back on and never have mold issues, but my cover breathes nicely. In general, I think air drying is preferred.

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

It's a boat - It get wet :laugh:
Now stuff IN the boat is or can be a different issue---

The Woo Woo Kid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Fans.....the window type.... will really help drying out your stuff .....carpet esp.

If the carpet's soaked, shop vac it and put the fans to her. she'll dry.

Last edited:

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another good reason for Vinyl floors! Out here in the desert (Arizona) mold, mildew, and damp just isn't a problem.