1995 SeaDoo GTX

DrewPFD655

Recruit
Hi i have a 1995 Seadoo GTX 3 seater 2 cycle rotax...Runs and drives starts right up but if i full throttle it bogs out and will stall if i dont let off the gas..If it stalls it will always start back up...Usally runs this way for about 40 minutes or so then will stall at anthing above low cruising speed..Has fresh fuel, new plugs and fresh PWC 2 cycle oil..i lowered the fuel filter and found dirt in the screen and in the bowl but not excessive amounts..ive never taken the carb apart to clean it but will tomorrow...Any ideas whst this may be? I have mechanic experience and it seems to me its starving for fuel..when it bogs down i left off it loads up again and will take off full speed before bogging again..Thank You!

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1995 SeaDoo GTX

yup, need to remove the carbs. get yourself 15ft of 1/4in fuel line, and replace all the grey crap. You'll see that the grey fuel line breaks down, creating this blue/green slime. Its sitting in the filter, inside each carb, plus in the fuel pump (attached to front/mag carb). No need to replace the grey "vent" line, nor the entire "return" fuel line either. Remove the fuel selector switch too, and clean that out. Has the crap in it, as well...

When removing the carb, that year may have the studs protruding from intake. If so, you'll have to remove intake in order to remove the carbs. Doing so, you'll expose the rv..(rotary valve). MAKE SURE THAT VALVE DOES NOT COME OFF THE CASE, or you'll have to re-time, the engine.

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

yup, need to remove the carbs. get yourself 15ft of 1/4in fuel line, and replace all the grey crap. You'll see that the grey fuel line breaks down, creating this blue/green slime. Its sitting in the filter, inside each carb, plus in the fuel pump (attached to front/mag carb). No need to replace the grey "vent" line, nor the entire "return" fuel line either. Remove the fuel selector switch too, and clean that out. Has the crap in it, as well...

When removing the carb, that year may have the studs protruding from intake. If so, you'll have to remove intake in order to remove the carbs. Doing so, you'll expose the rv..(rotary valve). MAKE SURE THAT VALVE DOES NOT COME OFF THE CASE, or you'll have to re-time, the engine.

DrewPFD655

Recruit

awesome Thank You very much..Is it hard to take the carbs off? and is it time consuming to replace the fuel lines? Something ill be able to tackle myself in the garage in a day?

timmyboy76

Petty Officer 3rd Class

if your good like me...:rolleyes:, can be done, carbs included with fuel line replacement, in 2hrs, especially if the bolts securing the carbs, are the allen ones, running through the carbs. If its the studded manifold, grab a cold one. Not that its hard to remove, but the front/bottom 13mm is a bit#@ to get to, but can be done.

Fuel lines are cake to replace. Remove one atta time, and replace with new.

shagy959

Seaman Apprentice

if you have mechanical experance and knowlage should be easyly done for you

DrewPFD655

Recruit

Done and yes it was easy...Fuel lines were caked in green goop as well as fuel selector valve (which i replaced)...Cleaned carb and put back together..starts and runs great..see how it does on the water..Thanks guys