Sup-R-Lube grease fitting.

redngreedy

Recruit
Two of my fittings will not take grease, one of the two looks damaged. It looks as if a hammer was used to insert the fitting.

Are these fittings "pressed" in as in a barb type fitting? I would like to pull them out and replace with threaded fittings if possible.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Re: Sup-R-Lube grease fitting.

All of the grease fittings (Zerks) that I am familiar with screw in, not aware of any that do not.

robert graham

Admiral

Check fitting for a "hex" head and use a small wrench to unscrew it. If it's a pressed in, then you should be able to pull it out with the pliers...either way, it's not much of a trick to install new ones....your old ones may be corroded and the spring-loaded ball inside it is stuck closed....

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer

Those type of "zirks" are used on snowmobiles also. You should be able to put a vice grip on it, place a pry bar below the vice grip (carefully put pressure on it) and it should come out. That is how we remove them on snowmobiles sometimes when a pliers will not work. If you are working a surface where you do not want it marred use a piece of wood as a backing.