1996 Evinrude 35 HP 3 Cylinder 2 Cycle Idle Mixture / Idle Adjustment Screw Settings

happyrick

Recruit
Just purchased a 1996 Evinrude 35 HP 3 Cylinder 2 Cycle

Need some help with the Idle Mixture / Idle Adjustment Screw Settings

Oil tank is disconnected, 50:1 mix

All 3 idle mixture/idle adjustment screws were at different settings

problem with motor is one cylinder cuts in and out, maybe it is not adjusted properly for mixture

Any help to reset the screws properly or to factory setting

Any direction to a site where a operators/owners repair manual with settings etc would also be appreciated

Rick

Noltz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: 1996 Evinrude 35 HP 3 Cylinder 2 Cycle Idle Mixture / Idle Adjustment Screw Setti

Welcome to the forums. I've found 1? or 1? turns out from bottom to be a good starting point with most carbs. On my 2 cyl 40hp, they're at 1? turns.

When playing with individual carb-per-cylinder motors, I LOVE having a infrared temperature gun. You can measure the cylinder head temp, or exhaust manifold runners on 4 strokes, and that's a great reference for mixture settings.

happyrick

Recruit
Re: 1996 Evinrude 35 HP 3 Cylinder 2 Cycle Idle Mixture / Idle Adjustment Screw Setti

Thank you, will pass on info to Rick, he is out working on motor.

Mrs. Rick :)

Welcome to the forums. I've found 1? or 1? turns out from bottom to be a good starting point with most carbs. On my 2 cyl 40hp, they're at 1? turns.

When playing with individual carb-per-cylinder motors, I LOVE having a infrared temperature gun. You can measure the cylinder head temp, or exhaust manifold runners on 4 strokes, and that's a great reference for mixture settings.