Looking at getting back into boating with a 1992 21' Sea Ray...thoughts?

TNPhish

Recruit
1st time posting in this forum so forgive any etiquette mistakes...:rolleyes:

It's been a while since I have been in boating but I am looking at jumping back into the fresh water with a used boat purchase. After many hours of researching forums such as this one as well as discussing potential use with the misses, I have narrowed my search down to a bow rider in the 18' - 21' range (probably small pickles compared to most of the users here).

I came across a 1992, 21' Sea Ray open bow ski boat this morning and I wanted to get some feedback (i.e. - opinions) and maybe some things to keep in mind when I go see this boat tomorrow. I am trying to work it out so that a couple of buddies can go with me (one has been boating for 20 years and the other is a marine mechanic) to help me check out the motor and outdrive.

The boat can be found here 21' Sea Ray open bow ski boat

The owner is the son of the 2nd owner. His father had owned the boat for the last 12 years but passed away several years ago. The current owner said it was in dry storage when his dad owned it. I believe it has been in a slip for the last two years (winterized each year per the current owner). The floor was replaced last year as the current owner said he went to tighten down the passenger side seat only to find out the floor was weak.

Any Sea Ray owners out there have any advice on things to look for? Be honest, I'm a big boy...I can take it.

Tim