Minnkota PowerDrive V2

I've got a powerdrive a buddy wants to sell me, says it's less than 2 years old

he thought it was 80lbs but above the serial number is
70 PD V2 / US2-54"
model 1358755

so I think it's 70lbs 54" not 80

2 things:

Will it be strong enough / long enough for 09 Tahoe 215 deck boat?

how can I find out if I can hook up an iPilot or co-pilot?

Last edited:

Fleetwin

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Minnkota PowerDrive V2

I have one.

It's 70# thrust.

Mine moves a 2600# Larson around pretty good.

Yes, you can adapt it to the Co-Pilot. I found the adaptabilty on Google. They still make that motor and I saw the Co Pilot systems here at iboats.

http://www.iboats.com/Wireless-Copi...9267279--session_id.883223263--view_id.165878

I found this verbeage:

"Wireless Foot Pedal System Accessory
Plug-n-play design for PowerDrive V2 (and Riptide SP) bow-mount motors. Wireless foot pedal gives you the freedom to fish anywhere on the boat. Pedal functions include left/right steering, speed up/down, and motor on/off. Receiver attaches to the right side-plate of trolling motor mount and includes plug to allow corded foot pedal to be used in conjunction with the wireless pedal. System is programmable to allow multiple foot pedals and/or CoPilot™ remotes to be ''learned'' (up to 10 total, sold separately)."

Last edited:

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: Minnkota PowerDrive V2

You can put the Co-Pilot or the I-Pilot on a V-2. The down side to the I-pilot on that motor is you can't use the foot pedal with it. Unless you have a magic box that a friend of mine makes. He doesn't sell them but that is the only way around that. I never use the pedal.