Unidentified Boat

Hi All,

I picked up a ski boat that I plan to restore. Problem is I have no idea what make it is. I was told it was a sidewinder but was wondering if anyone here could verify for me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Here are a few pics.

SteveYellow boat 3.jpgYellow Boat 1.jpgYellow Boat 2.jpg

Bondo

Staff member

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Unidentified Boat

Check the transom for the stamped ID #, I think it's usually on the upper right hand corner of the transom standing behind the boat. If it's from the 60's, this # may be missing. Without a tittle you really don't have a boat that is usable, it also may help you figure out what you have.

robert graham

Admiral

I'd be about 90 percent sure it's an older model Checkmate....I had a 16 foot Checkmate several years ago and what you've got looks very familiar to me....good luck!

I have been searching online for pics of similar boats and Checkmate seems to be the closest. The paperwork I have from the person that gave it to said its a sidewinder. However up here in Ontario Canada. There is no real paperwork or title for a boat. It is simple the bill of sale from the previous owner and then you register the numbers with the Transport Canada. It does have the Hull ID number but the boat was repainted and the manufacturers decals removed. I guess ill just try and register the numbers and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I have been searching online for pics of similar boats and Checkmate seems to be the closest. The paperwork I have from the person that gave it to said its a sidewinder. However up here in Ontario Canada. There is no real paperwork or title for a boat. It is simple the bill of sale from the previous owner and then you register the numbers with the Transport Canada. It does have the Hull ID number but the boat was repainted and the manufacturers decals removed. I guess ill just try and register the numbers and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

The HID should have the MFGs code in it, post it and the guys here should be able to tell you.

Hi Guys the HID number is CHK17588M81H. The CHK may mean Checkmate but I have no idea. The 81 could be the year im guessing.

Thanks again for the help!!

Noltz

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Please let me know if you have any success with registering a 'unregistered' hull. I'm in the same situation with my fathers old boat, who never registered it either.

matt167

Captain

CHK is Checkmate. googled it just to be sure and actually found this cool site. Lists plenty of manufactures. boat-manufacturers.findthebest.com