Custom ideas??

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet
I just finished restoring a Bayliner Capri 2050 that was basically left for scrap. I went through it for rot, drill tested the hull and stringers, and rebuilt the motor (which was said to be non-salvagable, even though it only had 4 hours on it :joyous: ) I have changed the carpets from the faded blue to gray, changed the blue vinyl inside to gray vinyl, and painted over the stock striping on the outside.

It is now looking great, but still mostly stock looking. Aside from the obvious stereo equipment and a tower, does anyone have any subtle custom ideas that I am not thinking about? Give me some ideas!
rsz_1picture_001[1].jpgrsz_picture_003[1].jpgrszPicture 004.jpgrszPicture 006.jpg

Attachments

• rszPicture 030.jpg
    rszPicture 030.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 0

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet
Re: Custom ideas??

Here are the after pictures. And the young lady on the ladder is the reason for it all! :cool-new:

rszPicture 030.jpgrszPicture 009.jpgrszPicture 010.jpgrszPicture 029.jpg

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet

Oh and yes, the carpet below the doghouse has been fixed as well. Just realized those pictures were all before the carpet was fixed.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Looks great. Good job. I spent 3 years just up the road from you in Lexington (spent a lot of time in Roanoke). Smith Mountain Lake?

From the looks of pic No. 1 - in Post No. 2, I am thinking a swim platform on the back might be a nice modification. You could either do a teak one or nice roto-molded or fiberglass one with some sea deck on top of it.

It also looks like you might be missing your ski locker cover? And the carpet around the bottom of your dog-house might could use a little touch-up (yes, we see everything).

Other thoughts:

Bimini Top (nice for shade on hot summer days)
Thru-hull exhaust (depending on what type of motor and whether you are into that).
Guide-Ons for the trailer?

Just some thoughts. Good job on bringing that boat back to life...

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet

Yes sir, Smith Mountain Lake. A swim-platform is the thought train now, just trying to decide about a teak or fiberglass just like you said. As for the locker cover and the carpet issues, I submitted a reply above (probably while you were typing your reply lol) that addressed that. I realized after posting them, that they are all "pre-carpet work" pictures. haha I dont have a picture yet, but the bottom of the doghouse has been fixed, and a "kick-plate" added to it as well that is painted to match the exterior stripe.

I think as far as the bimini top, I think I will get the one that is integrated into the tower when we add that. It is a Mercruiser 4.3 V6 so I am not sure how the thru-hull would sound. I LOVE the look of it, but I dont want the "high school kid's Civic" sound. lol

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Exactly, if you don't have the big block, you can sound like a lawnmower (and high flying Cessna) screaming across the water :).

P.S. - I have a teak swim platform I took off a Chris Craft. If you end up leaning in that direction, I can send you some pics of it, etc..

Check out friscoboater's Sea Ray thread - he added both a wake tower and a swim platform, so you can see what he did.

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet

I looked at his thread, most of the 72 pages! That guy is good at what he does for sure. I didnt see any pictures of the swim platform or tower though. Im assuming they are in his videos he posted? Im at work, so embedded videos are blocked by our firewall. I think I would prefer a teak platform over a fiberglass, just because they have a more "summery" vibe to them if that makes any sense. If I do that, I will also redo the ski locker cover to make it teak I think. I had already debated on that. If I were to build one, have there been any threads posted that you can recall about the build and how to attach it?

calvinator

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice job on the revival!

IMO, I would add some vinyl graphics/stripes to accent that air intake around the stern area.
Then a color matching bimini, maybe the orange color of your graphics. Get one that shades the whole seating area - maybe an 8' .
If you go with a tower, get it powdercoated to a wild color -- like orange to atch your graphics.
Nice stereo with 8" subwoofer.

You'll have a nice, unique looking boat for you to enjoy.

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet

Good idea on the intake area! I am replacing those anyway, so that will be a perfect time to do that. (one has a crack around the mounting point) I hadnt thought about powdercoating the tower, that would pull it together nicely! Im redoing the paint this fall, same colors, just doing more orange. I did this is a bit of a rush and had a dumb moment thinking that I had to cover all the original color with gray, not orange.... The orange will cover it just fine too. lol As for the stereo, I have a 10" in there now :joyous:

garrett113

Seaman

I was thinking about doing some custom lighting on my project. Both functional and for visual effect.

redstrat

Petty Officer 1st Class

Very nice restoration. I'm always amazed to find how some folks can leave a perfectly good boat out in the elements to rot. Nicely done!

73Chrysler105

Chief Petty Officer

Put some LED strip lighting on it. You can get some RGB lighting and adjust the colors when you want.