New owner! 1978 16' SS

gangofjames

Cadet
I think I stole this boat, I gave $200 for it. It has sat since 1998. Transom is totally rotten, i'm able to pull the wood out by the handful. I'm getting ready to start my rebuild. It came with a 65 HP Johnson, I think its a 1972, but I don't want to even mess with it because of the electric shift. I'm currently looking for a late 80's or so 70hp ev or johnson. I also plan to convert the boat to a center console. starcraft.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: New owner! 1978 16' SS

Welcome to the iboats dry dock, tin division.

Look thru the resto threads at the top of the SC owner's group forum, a few center console conversions in that list.

Ya done good @$200. :thumb:

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Welcome!!! Man, stole it is right! 15+ years of exposure should make for an interesting tear-down :eek:

barato2

Commander

was that center console CONversions or PERversions...? anyway, beinvenidos al TINSANITY. the best restos are those ones that come out from under a tree....

gangofjames

Cadet

Thanks guys! I think it will be a fairly easy rebuild (knocking on wood). My first rebuild was a 21' Maxum open bow that needed floors, carpet and upholstery, and some serious buffing. I'll never own another fiberglass boat! Sold it and bought a 24' pontoon which I rebuilt from the floor up. I needed something more fishing friendly that could also pull a tube on occasion. The Starcraft should be perfect for those duties. I've done aircraft structural work for the last 18 years, so aluminum and rivets are my trade. Can't wait to get started.

dozerII

Admiral

Great looking project gang, and ya you stole it. Welcome to the Starmada :welcome: