Anyone have a PB (peanut butter)recipie

Lwarden

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looking for a PB recipie, looking for the proper ratio of Cabosil/1/4" chop fiber/resin per qt or pt.

mwe-maxxowner

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Anyone have a PB (peanut butter)recipie

I always did 1 qt resin, ? cup chopped fibers, and ? qt cabosil. I usually added more cabosil though after initially testing its sagginess. Enough to approach a 1/1 cabosil resin ratio. Rarely can it be too thick.

I tried to mix this all up then catalyze once and it was slow to harden in places. Catalyze the resin first. When I began my build I was always afraid of it kicking after minutes, but I always had plennnnnty of time to get the pb in place and smoothed before it began hardening.

Last edited:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

This should give you what you want...
How to make Peanut butter (thickened resin) - YouTube
It should be noted that there are various kinds of "Peanut Butter" (i.e. Thickened Resin) and they are all used for various and different applications during the boat restoration process. The recipe in the above video works well for filleting and repairs of deep gouges and holes etc. You should do your own research or ask more specific questions about how to mix thickened resin for different applications.

Last edited:

Slide

Petty Officer 1st Class

I use the very scientific method of mixing up some resin then adding Cabosil until I like how thick it is.