proud owner 1968 starcraft arrow excited but nervous

natej719

Recruit
I am the proud new owner of a 1968 StarCraft arrow with a Johnson 40hp I know it needs a lot of help the transom is rotted out the floor is to just hope the stringers are good. It needs alot of work but it should be fun and worth it in the end. The boat was free after all anybody ever replace a transom on one of these beauties any advise is greatly appreciated. well here are some pics100_2531.jpg100_2532.jpg100_2533.jpg100_2534.jpg100_2535.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Re: proud owner 1968 starcraft arrow excited but nervous

Read thru some resto threads. Don's helpful how too's will be a good start.

You may get lucky & have NO WOODEN stringers:
attachment_zps748eb77b.jpg

Welcome to the iboats dry dock

Feendog

Cadet

Fellow Starcraft arrow owner,

I received a 1968 Starcraft arrow also with the same issue in which you mentioned. I have replaced the floor and re-enforced the fiberglass cross members. Then put down new pressure treated floor and two layers of of fiberglass mats.

Here are a few pics that I have taken. Maybe we can compare notes and give eachother tips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This is why you don't tag onto old threads. The OP joined, made one post and promptly disappeared after a few days - never to be seen or heard from again.

Please start your own thread about your Arrow and welcome aboard.

Feendog

Cadet

I am new to this and I saw that this other person had the same exact arrow as I have. That is why I posted to their thread. I really didn't think I had to start a new thread when it pertained to the same subject.

jbcurt00

Staff member

I am new to this and I saw that this other person had the same exact arrow as I have. That is why I posted to their thread. I really didn't think I had to start a new thread when it pertained to the same subject.

We'd love to see more pix & follow a thread about your boat & it's rehab. Maybe NateJ will showup, but as GA noted, it's unlikely.

Please start a thread & I'll tag along. I already have a few comments based on your post & pix.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

^^^^ What JBC said^^^^

Starting your own thread is always better than muddling up or hijacking someone elses thread and all the information given to you will be in one place.