Trolling motor receptical

awc428

Recruit
I am going to install a trolling motor on my Famous Caft 1800 Xl flats boat. It is not pre wired so I will be installing a receptical. My question is where to install it. Do I put it on the deck or should I install it in the anchor locker to keep it out of the elements. Since it is a flats boat it is all deck and no sides so if installed on the deck it will be flat on the deck. Thanks.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Trolling motor receptical

I take it this is a bow-mounted TM. Is there no place between the deck and the gunwale to mount the receptacle? Some pictures would help.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Install it in the driest area you can find. If that's inside a locker, go for it but be sure you allow for the wires so they are not pinched or chaffed by the lids when the troller is in use. If you don't intend to use a quick release plate which allows quick removal of the motor, you don't need a receptacle and it can be hard wired.

awc428

Recruit

Sorry Nybo. There is no gunwale. Silvertip, looking closer it looks like there is a slot for the wires in the anchor locker lid just for this. Looks like that is where I will install it. Does this look like that is what its for? Thanks for your help and suggestions.
180-LockRod_6481-682x1024.jpg