Help identify this float chair?

BigB9000

Lieutenant Junior Grade
A buddy of mind saw this floating down river one morning, and swam out and pulled it in.
This happens frequently, usually what people do is tie whatever floated away up, until the owner comes looking for it.
Well, the owner might return, or he might not care, I don't know. Whichever way, I want a few of these things!

Its (obviously) a floating chair. It isn't inflatable, made of of thick, strong, durable plastic. Completely sealed, has 2 cup holders, a storage compartment, and a mount for what seems to be an umbrella.

It has no manufacture markings or logos, all its says on the bottom of the storage compartment, is "1500"

Ive searched and searched, cant find anything like it. I was thinking it might have floated away from one of the resorts up-stream?

here are the pics:

chair.jpg

chair1.jpg

(Black dots are those annoying little bugs)

chair2.jpg

chai3.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited:

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral
Re: Help identify this float chair?

Yea but it involves adding a trolling motor.

aspeck

Staff member

A 10hp mounted on the back and I think you have something really special!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Should plane out with a 6 HP :)

RogersJetboat454

Commander

Dunno who makes it, but after spending a few minutes doing research, I can tell you who ever bought it must have dropped some serious cake on it. Seeing allot of junk (compared to the looks of that), that's priced in the hundreds.

Maybe it's a sign you need to relax more???
Keep your eyes peeled for an umbrella, and a cooler full of tooth-cracking cold beer floating down the river.... :D;)

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Obviously a gift from the River gods. Got cup holders and cooler, add the brolly (looks like it has the mount) and T/M. Enjoy.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

you know looking at it again, I wonder if it is made to be on a beach not floated? the cap on the front could be a place to put sand or whatever in it as an anchoring meium to keep it in place on the beach. much like a punching bag. seems the previous owner thought it was not a good idea to add sand and risked letting it float away.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you know looking at it again, I wonder if it is made to be on a beach not floated? the cap on the front could be a place to put sand or whatever in it as an anchoring meium to keep it in place on the beach. much like a punching bag. seems the previous owner thought it was not a good idea to add sand and risked letting it float away.

Sand is too gritty to drink, although that is an improvement on some of the stuff called beer. Why fill the cooler with sand when you can just pull the float a little further out of the water. :noidea:

I love these guessing games. :D

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

cap.jpg

i meant this cap, not the whole cooler. LOL

kungpaoshizi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow, I would love to have that chair! lol
I hate the inflatables, but this looks like it's worth the money

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Just a idea , I bet thats made by a Company that makes paddle boats.

kungpaoshizi

Petty Officer 1st Class

I was wondering that too MH, the form of it at the front and back looks familiar...

kungpaoshizi

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bah, nobody knows where this chair came from!? I really want one lol...

Perhaps it was indeed a gift from the River Gods!