Help Identifying missing connections on 1967 110 Merc I/O from a Larson All American

charakel

Seaman
Hello guys, I am in need of some help. I am going through this forum like a mad man and not finding what I am looking for. I just bought a 1967 Larson All American with a 110 Merc I/O Black motor White lower unit. The previous owner stated that he drained all fluids before it sat. That was three years ago. I am looking for pics on what the motor should look like. All hoses are unhooked. Are there frost plugs missing??? I don't know. I briefly tried to crank the motor and it is not froze and has oil in it. Thanks for any pics.

Another problem that I have is the lower unit is down. The key switch along with the red trim switch on the dash are present however when I press the red switch up nothing happens and when depressed down I hear the trim motor engage but nothing happens to the lower unit.

Thanks guys for any help.

alldodge

Staff member
Re: Help Identifying missing connections on 1967 110 Merc I/O from a Larson All Ameri

Is this an outboard?

charakel

Seaman
Re: Help Identifying missing connections on 1967 110 Merc I/O from a Larson All Ameri

No it is a 110 Merc I/O

Maclin

Admiral

Can you post some pics? That will get things started I think :)

ziggy

Admiral

imho, start with the mercruiser service manual. ya need s/m #1. ya might look in the adult's only sticky on mercrusier for a link to some online service manuals. but certainly start with the oem manual.
for a '67 110 ya should have a 1A EZ mercruiser drive. from what i get. that one will be fairly hard to find parts for. it was only used for three years from '65-'68.

Attachments

• early engine drive referance chart..JPG
    early engine drive referance chart..JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

charakel

Seaman

Here are additional pics on Mystery Merc motor. See anything missing or out of place?? Also I have pics of dash and gauges. DSC06701.jpgDSC06702.jpgDSC06703.jpgDSC06706.JPGDSC06707.JPG

Bondo

Staff member

Here are additional pics on Mystery Merc motor. See anything missing or out of place?? Also I have pics of dash and gauges.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Manual #1 will cover it,... It's a Big file,....

You've got alota work ahead of ya, 'bout nothin' is stock or original,...

The rust on the side of the block, under the manifold is suspect too,...
Missin' core plugs usually means frozen block,...

charakel

Seaman

Good day all. Good news today! I got my drive to go up! I cleaned the switch. Now on to the motor.

Need info on getting motor started before I work on the floor of the boat.

Here is what I know and see. Winterized 3 years ago and ran 3 years ago so stated by the PO, rubber elbow and rubber cooling hose detached, the motor turns over and I see almost like trailer bearing caps in the motor itself "freeze plugs"????? What do freeze plugs or drains look like?? Out of a while I ordered 5 blue screw in plugs from Doug Russell Marine thinking that was or are freeze drain plugs? Please correct me if I am wrong or the two are different.

Thanks again for any information that is provided. You may think that I should know my stuff being that I work at the Larson plant in Little Falls, MN but I am learning just as the rest when it comes to older boats, motors ect...

charakel

Seaman

bump

charakel

Seaman

An update.. Fuel bowl is dry..... About a gallon or 2 in the boats gas tank, could I have a bad fuel pump or just not enough gas in tank?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

run it on a remote tank first,core plugs are brass plugs anything else coould mean the block froze and pushed the brass ones out and the owner replaced them with rubber ones.
Depending on the boats angle, tank capacity, fuel pickup tube you could have up to 15 gal. of unuseable fuel

Last edited:

charakel

Seaman

Can I eliminate the glass fuel bowl and convert to the fuel/water separator canister?

Bondo

Staff member

Yes, If it's actually a filter bowl,...
'n not a safety sight glass that signals a ruptured diaphragm if there's actually fuel in it,...

Addin' a fuel/water separator canister type filter is Always a Great Idea,...

Anywhere 'tween the Tank, 'n Fuel Pump,...

charakel

Seaman

Thanks for all the help of this amazing site of knowledge. Now the real fun begins of restoration. May be mix in the new All American style with the old of 1967! New points and condenser did the trick along with a new fuel pump.

charakel

Seaman

Thanks for all the help of this amazing site of knowledge. Now the real fun begins of restoration. May be mix in the new All American style with the old of 1967! New points and condenser did the trick along with a new fuel pump.

sorry tried to post a clip through facebook...