New Waveblaster owner!!!

Xesvuli420

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hey guys, it's been awhile, but I am back for some new advice. Bought 2 waveblasters yesterday ('96 701cc 2strokes) they are beautiful for their age, and look new inside the engine bay! If they only run half as good as they look we are in business.

However, I've never been anywhere near a pwc. And I could use some advice. Mainly startup and shut Down procedures.

I only ask because the guy I bought them from said that you need to crank it before you put it in water, and let it run after water is no longer supplied.

I understand that you should make sure it runs before you launch it, but he made it sound like it has to be running before you give it water, and take the water supply away before you cut it off...

Can someone explain this, or what he meant, and for how long?!?

Also are there any other tid bits I need to know to not damage this thing?

He said I don't mix the gas and oil, that I just fill it with gas, then fill the oil res with oil, and it mixes itself. He said just always look at oil level to make sure it's full, and then add gas like normal.

This is also my first 2stroke so tips on this would be appreciated too.

Thanks guys, and don't assume I know anything, I appreciate anything you can tell me!

Thanks again!!!

P.s. I will be taking it out in about 2 hours so important information appreciated ASAP! Thanks guys!!!!

Last edited: