too much fuel to carb?

blackduck158

Recruit
95 four winns 200 horizon. just rebuilt the engine and tuned the carb myself. Runs great for about an hour but then once I give about 80%+ on the gas it will run for a few mins before bogging down to a slow pace or dying. Is the engine flooding? Runs fine if I don't go too heavy on the gas. I know I should probably need to get this thing professionally tuned since I took a whole 5 mins and a bud light to do it.

alldodge

Staff member
Re: too much fuel to carb?

You always should use 2 budlights or 3 bushlights but I digress. Check to see if your not drawing a vacuum on the tank. I will hope it is repeatable and if so, when it bogs down open the fuel cap and see if you hear air biging sucked in, or if nothing is heared see if that allows it to run correctly again. If that doesn't fix the issue, look into clogged filter, fuel tank line clogged, fuel filter dirty, antisiphon valve sticking or fuel pump needs replacing.

thumpar

Admiral
Re: too much fuel to carb?

Along the lines of AllDodge, I would think lack of fuel over too much. The only other thing I can think of is an ignition part getting hot. But would be something I would check after fuel.