cut transom?

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi I need some help I have an old boat that I want to put a motor on but it has a 20" transonm<br />and my engine is a short shaft.<br />I built a bracket to mountthe engine at the right level but it wont let the engine tilt up :( <br />so I was thinking of cutting the transom so my motor fits.<br />It's a low cost boatso I'm not worried abouht hurting it.<br />my question is do you think it's a good idea to cut <br />the transom :confused:

Laddies

Banned
Re: cut transom?

Probably not, see if you can't get an extension kit for your engine

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't know if I can find an xtension formy engine.<br />its a 1960 evinrude lark 35hp.

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

well the engine I wanted to put on is trash so thank you guys I'm going to fix my 55 it fits just fine.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Trash? A Lark 35?? A SHORT SHAFT Lark 35??!!<br /><br />What is your boat rated for, What66? If it can handle it, the 55 is a good idea.<br /><br />But that Lark. It isn't even 50 yet. Plenty of life left in there somewhere.<br /><br />Put it in the Thrifties. http://www.iboats.com/boats/marine--1/thrifties--107

what66

Petty Officer 1st Class

well it's not completly trash but part of the pistion is missing and the cyclder has bad damage.