Grilling on an inflatable???

G

have you guys tried a small propane grill on an inflatable yet? I know sounds like a hazard waiting to happen but I think it can be done with success. Also what about cutting board for cutting shad (bunker) or clams, worms?

mrdrh99

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Grilling on an inflatable???

So when i read the title I'm thinking....HELL NO! Lol, but a propane without embers flying such doesn't seem so bad. If you check out the pics and vids to my mariner 4 in the mariner thread....I've added work stations on both ends of my boat that could be used for cutting and such.

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class

You can smoke in a gunpowder plant if you like, but not with me in the area. Open flame, inflatable boat - - - what could possibly go wrong?

G

You can smoke in a gunpowder plant if you like, but not with me in the area. Open flame, inflatable boat - - - what could possibly go wrong?

I guess beer and cold sandwiches it is

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

its an inflatable. pull up on shore, grill on shore.

G

We do this on Lake Michigan all the time!

maybe on a lake u can, I live in NYC, its not happening on our bays, to do that might have to head upstate to a lake

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

then stop at a deli in nyc, pick up a few Pastramis on Rye, add a few beers and enjoy the boat.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Imagine all the extra gear you can add along just by being tad size larger, haven't cooked on my 430 rib so far, but do have sometimes smokers which can't go boating without smoking. So fuel tank is placed at transom side with air vent tightly screwed, just in case...

Happy Boating

Last edited:
G

Imagine all the extra gear you can add along just by being tad size larger, haven't cooked on my 430 rib so far, but do have sometimes smokers which can't go boating without smoking. So fuel tank is placed at transom side with air vent tightly screwed, just in case...

Happy Boating

Where you been sea rider? I always wait for your opinions and suggestions. Have you been cheating on us being outside the rib/sib threads?? Or perhaps other good forums we should know about?

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class

You are a braver man than I, Weimed. I once (for all of about 3 seconds) thought about a griller on the boat. I was visiting my Mom in Florida and there is a little sand bar in the back of Sebastian Inlet. Many boats tie up there and enjoy life. One or 2 of the bigger- small boats had little grill set ups. I was envious but even then realized gas fumes, flames. small boat, fuel tank... Enhhh, i'll pass. Sandwiches for me. Pick em up at the Sheepshead bay Deli and keep on truckin.

G

You are a braver man than I, Weimed. I once (for all of about 3 seconds) thought about a griller on the boat. I was visiting my Mom in Florida and there is a little sand bar in the back of Sebastian Inlet. Many boats tie up there and enjoy life. One or 2 of the bigger- small boats had little grill set ups. I was envious but even then realized gas fumes, flames. small boat, fuel tank... Enhhh, i'll pass. Sandwiches for me. Pick em up at the Sheepshead bay Deli and keep on truckin.

good point. completely forgot about the gas tank

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Hi Weimed,

Been out of the city installing some sibs/engines + having all sorts of trouble trying opening Iboats web page, was real slow and/or hanging from tree branches now and then, tried different PC's with no avail. Alleluia, at last the page is 100% operative. Know a guy that cooks on his inflatable, closes fuel cap and air vent tight, floats his tank on water attached with a small rope next to transom's back.

Happy Boating

Last edited:

ChristianMariner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Its a good thing we don't live closer to each other, we would be dangerous. I want to grill on my boat too. I think its cause I had mounted a mini-weber on my first boat when I was 18, but it wasn't an inflatable raft. Part of the fun of this raft thing, though, is learning a new way to skin the proverbial cat. I think, pack the grill in the boat, and head to shore to grill... Docking is kinda cool, but I am out in the woods that might be easier for me than you. I dunno I would love to hear some ideas about this one.

Sinistre1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hmmm, inflatable boat, grill, and a skinned proverbial (not the same as provenchal.. is it??) cat... Don't like where this is going!! Lol.