Mercruiser alpha one 4.3 lx solenoid replacement

kareillyjr20

Recruit
I have a 1995 Chaparral 1930 ss with a mercruiser alpha one 4.3 lx engine. When I start the boat sometimes it doesnt turn over and makes a light thunk. I have replaced the starter and starter solenoid and cleaned all the battery contacts. the battery is fully charged. I just want to make sure that the solenoid is behind the trim pump and if anyone has any suggestions on how to replace it. I have attached a photo. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• solenoid.jpg
    solenoid.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 2

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercruiser alpha one 4.3 lx solenoid replacement

I have a 1995 Chaparral 1930 ss with a mercruiser alpha one 4.3 lx engine. When I start the boat sometimes it doesnt turn over and makes a light thunk. I have replaced the starter and starter solenoid and cleaned all the battery contacts. the battery is fully charged. I just want to make sure that the solenoid is behind the trim pump and if anyone has any suggestions on how to replace it. I have attached a photo. Thanks for the help.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,... Nope, that's the trim solenoid,...

The slave solenoid will be on the motor,... look for yellow/ red wires,...

Have ya ever pulled the mid/ aft spark plugs when ya get that Thunk, 'n looked for Water in the cylinders,..??

kareillyjr20

Recruit
Re: Mercruiser alpha one 4.3 lx solenoid replacement

Thank you guys for the help. Ill have to pull the plugs once the rain lets up. That diagram is very helpful. Ill have to follow the wire from the stater solenoid to the slave solenoid.