Searching for Bimini Top

tailwheel234

Cadet
I have a 1972 Thundercraft Titan.... its a tri hull fiberglas boat.

Earlier in its life it had a bimini top on it that was designed to connect to the top of the windshield with metal snaps. the window mounted parts of the snaps and the "hinge" mounts on the sides of the hull are still there, but I cannot fine any online that are designed this way.

I have incredibly hard times finding thing sfor a boat this old online, but the boat is in incredible shape and we are enjoying it greatly.... 46 miles on it this past weekend in fact!

Let me know if you know what I am referring to in trying to replace the top!

Thanks in advance!!

snowbrd84

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Searching for Bimini Top

Earlier in its life it had a bimini top on it that was designed to connect to the top of the windshield with metal snaps. the window mounted parts of the snaps and the "hinge" mounts on the sides of the hull are still there, but I cannot fine any online that are designed this way.

I have incredibly hard times finding thing sfor a boat this old online, but the boat is in incredible shape and we are enjoying it greatly.... 46 miles on it this past weekend in fact!

Thanks in advance!!

My 1990 Bayliner Capri came factory with the same type of bimini, where the front angles down and snaps onto the windshield. I bought the boat last year, no bimini included, and tried to find a replacement with no luck. I ended up buying a new complete bimini on ebay for 130 bucks shipped. It does not angle down, but is the typical type you see today. I am so happy i got it versus the OEM one even if i could have found it... It would have really sucked having to duck down in the front of the boat.... You could always get a standard bimnini and make an extension to angle down to the windshield...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Searching for Bimini Top

Thanks in advance!!

Ayuh,.... 'bout Any upholstery or Canvas Shop can custom build ya a New 1, probably usin' the existin' hardware,...

I can tell ya, yer Not gonna find 1 pre-built to fit,...