Questions on Evinrude 60hp

killachinchilla

Recruit
I ordered a new water pump kit for this motor and it came with some stuff for the thermostat. I have no idea what this thing is for, so I removed the cover and nothing was in there. Is this correct and should I fix this?

Also, where my tell tale hose starts there is two hoses. One is the tell tale hose that goes to the back and the other I have no idea but it looks like it ran to the front. This hose has been cut and plugged. What is this hose and do I need it?

Also, the oiler has been disconnected and I now have to mix the oil. For best performance, should I reconnect the oiler and quit mixing.

Is there any other maintenance that should be considered before I take her out?

This motor is a 1992 TE60TLENE

(Excuse my illiterate terminology. This is my first motor project.)

pn

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Questions on Evinrude 60hp

i reccomend keeping the pre mix pump, on my 120 v4 looper the tell tale looks like it's connected to a bigger tube that sits at the bottom of the motor to suck out water/gas if it gets down there. you might look up your motor on evinrude.com and look at the blow ups. good luck.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The plugged hose on the tell tale was probably for a water pressure gauge. Stay with the premix fuel. Does you mtr have a thermostat in it now or what ??

killachinchilla

Recruit

The plugged hose on the tell tale was probably for a water pressure gauge. Stay with the premix fuel. Does you mtr have a thermostat in it now or what ??

No I dont think it does. I pulled the cover off an there wasnt a spring in there. It was empty.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Get all the thermostat parts required and install them as the mtr needs them to run properly.