1982 Tomahawk Restore and Remodel

DFremo

Recruit
I have to say, this seems a rare boat. I have searched and searched the web, but cannot locate another one anywhere. That is, I found one within a 10 minute drive of where I bought it, but in terrible shape.

That being said, any input is welcome. I will link to the blog with this project, as the pictures are large and already uploaded.

I started with a decent-looking 16' boat.

It is just about ready for the new floor to be installed, I have more stringer reinforcement to do first as well as pouring new urethane foam.

It has been a fun project so far.

I am planning to re-configure the seating. A full-width rear bench seat, keep the passenger/driver seats but add locking swivels, and fill the walkway up in the bow so that the whole thing is level.

Any advise on how to work with the panels over the engine in the back? I am looking to have a central section for the engine, with sound insulation, and a deep storage bin on either side. I am thinking of 3 hinged panels, but still messing around with ideas.

I have learned a lot, of course. Where to buy and NOT to buy fiberglass supplies. Happy to share upon request.

IMG_0512.jpgIMG_0501.jpgIMG_0503.jpg

Old Boat Project

Attachments

• photo (4).jpg
    photo (4).jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0