yamaha thermo switch question.

f-i-s-h

Recruit
hello all im back at it.

i first posted this thread describing my trouble.
http://forums.iboats.com/yamaha-suzuki-outboards/2000-50hp-yamaha-2-stroke-problems-613918.html

i have eliminated the fuel system. my carbs are spotless. running from a hanging bottle and catching the gas out of the pump it supplies i nice stream that more than matches what the engine is burning.

i had a friend who is a mechanic come over and look at it. we went through the electrical system. once it got warm it started its run and cut off routine we unplugged a thermal censor and it would run much better not perfect but better. part #12 on this diagram.

ELECTRICAL_1.png

seems like more than coincidence to me but i want to be sure.
using the ohm feature on a voltmeter you can tell when it gets warm it completes a circuit.

does anyone know what temp this circuit is supposed to operate at?
its part # 6H4-82560-00-00

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: yamaha thermo switch question.

the one with pink wire sets off over temp alarm the other one tells cdi THE MOTOR IS WARMED UP AND IT(CDI) THEN RETARDS THE TIMING to normal.

Sorry for caps

Sounds like the carbs are still a problem or the timing is not meeting spec

f-i-s-h

Recruit

the one with pink wire sets off over temp alarm the other one tells cdi THE MOTOR IS WARMED UP AND IT(CDI) THEN RETARDS THE TIMING to normal.

Sorry for caps

Sounds like the carbs are still a problem or the timing is not meeting spec

when you say not meeting spec are you saying the cdi is malfunctioning or is there a mechanical adjustment out of whack.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

malfunctioning

Have you checked timing with light to see if it is in spec