removing outdrive on 1986 bayliner cuddy cabin capri

boatindn

Cadet
Hi there...Im new to the boating world and need some help ...I need to separate the outdrive from the motor on my boat so I can pull the motor ...my boat is a 86 bayliner cubby cabin capri ....with a 225d Volvo penta engine and 275 outdrive....where do I start or how do I separate the two ......please help pics manuals ne thing.......Thanks in advanced

captmello

Captain
Re: removing outdrive on 1986 bayliner cuddy cabin capri

Welcome!

Be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish. There are options...

boatindn

Cadet

Sorry guys my motor blew...trying to pull the motor so I can throw a different. One in..was told that you need to pull the out drive before the motor can be removed...again it's a 1986 nature cuddly cabin with a Volvo Penta 225d engine with 275 Volvo outdrive

boatindn

Cadet

You only need to remove the upper gear assembly.

Heres how.

http://forums.iboats.com/mercruiser-i-o-inboard-engines-outdrives/outdrive-side-pin-removal-309095.html

Once the upper is off, you remove the six bolts holding the flywheel housing to the transom plate, and the motor and flywheel cover will be able to be removed together.
Thanks for the reply....but your link is for a merc and mine is a Volvo and does not look like the pic.....my mistake or yours?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the reply....but your link is for a merc and mine is a Volvo and does not look like the pic.....my mistake or yours?

Your mistake. The picture shows a Volvo drive, just a newer model, but the upper gear box comes off the same way.